Hours of Content: 9
Welcous to The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Django. If you're brand new to Django or have gotten lost in online tutorials, this is the e-course for you. we'll take you from absolute beginner to creating 3 complete Django websites. We'll also cover how to publish your sites.
This e-course starts with a Python Refresher. Django is a web framework written in Python. If you're new to Python, or just a bit rusty, this section will get you up to speed as quickly as possible. You don't need to be a Python expert to make Django website but a base knowledge is needed. In the Python Refresher, we'll teach you a new concept, show you some examples, then present you with an interactive coding challenge to make sure you've understood.
The 3 website we'll make are as follows:
- Pig Latin Translator - A simple two page website that turns any text into Pig Latin! Creating this website will teach you the fundamentals of Django.
- Your Personal Blog - Don't use WordPress or Tumblr to share your thoughts, make your own blog! This website will teach you how to work with a database and data models. We'll also cover how to work with both static and user uploaded images!
- Reddit Clone - This is the most advanced and complicated website we'll make in the e-course. With a big focus on creating user accounts and authentication, this website will teach you the more advanced topics in the e-course.
Also included in the e-course is a section showing you how to deploy your blog to a server and publish it for the world to see! we'll take you step by step through working with a Ubuntu Linux server that will run your Django code 24/7.
What are the key topics covered in this e-course?
- URL Dispatching
- Function and Class Based Views (FBV v. CBV)
- How to start a new project
- How to create apps within a project and why they're important
- Running your project in a virtual environment using Virtualenv
- Publishing your site on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) running Ubuntu Linux
- Working with templates
- Handling GET and POST requests
- Working with a Database and Models
- Admin Interface
- Static and user uploaded images
- Authentication and User accounts
Who is the target audience?
- This e-course is for people wanting to learn the basics of Django.