Includes six new City-States:
- Auckland (Industrial): Additional production for Coastal tiles.
- Antananarivo (Cultural): Culture bonus that increases with every Great Person earned.
- Armagh (Religious): Builders can construct the Monastery improvement, which provides Faith and heals religious units.
- Granada (Militaristic): Builders can construct the Alcazar improvement, which protects military units and provides Culture.
- Muscat (Trade): Bonus Amenities in cities with a Commercial Hub.
- Palenque (Scientific): Improved City growth for cities with a Campus.
Play as a great ruler of the Dark Ages in the Vikings, Traders, and Raiders! Scenario:
- 100 Turn Scenario, from 787 to 1087
- Play as Harald Hardrada of Norway, King Canute of the Danes, or Olof Skotkonung of Sweden.
- Launch a naval invasion of England, conquer Paris, find Vinland with an explorer, or sail through Gibraltar and raid the Mediterranean Sea.
- Build a trade empire and profitable cities, or spread a religion and gain Faith for your people.
- Includes special art assets for leaders.
Three new Natural Wonders:
- Giants Causeway